CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Late but new cards

Hello everyone out there in blogland. I am finally posting some cards that I made. These cards were made for our monthly swaps, which I am embarassed to say, I was way behind in. I am trying my best to catch and keep up. These cards went postal to the November and December rainees. I don't have a large readership (I currently don't have one at all) so I am not worried that they will see them before they arrive. In the event that they do, I apologize. At least they won't know what color they get...lol.

The Thanksgiving card uses a Magnolia stamp. I don't know what it is called. I wasn't thinking when I created the cards. I didn't make a formal "recipe" for making them. I tried to color them with copic markers. I can see I need a lot more practice. I tried a technique my sister suggested (I have to get caught up on the card making techie lingo too). I dabbed the cuttlebug folder with orange ink before running it through my sizzix machine to get the colored background effect. I guess it looks okay. One is different...can you spot the difference?

What does everyone do? When faced with a multiple swap, do you make all the cards the same or do you make different cards for all? Up until now I have been making them all the same except for different colors. I think I will have to change that. If I make each one different completely, I can use up more of the stamps that I have and I won't feel like I am neglecting any.










The Christmas card is made using a stamp from MFT. All four cards were the same, however the clothes were colored differently, as for the decorations on the tree. I don't think they turned out too bad. I didn't use copics on these except to color the flesh parts. I know I cheated. I would love to know what you think.


Thanks for stopping by. I hope to have more to post in the next few days.


op

8 comments:

Danni said...

I think these are all cute. I can't stand to make cards the same so all mine are different.
You really should share more, these are cute!

Tricia T said...

Your cards are sweet! Great job!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Very cute cards! I use that technique with my embossing folders all the time. Isn't it fun? Great cards!!

Monica said...

I love the praying Tilda! Great cards!! I also have this MFT stamp and love it too..it's so me!! Great job on all your cards! You need to share more often!

stampingtink said...

Love them and you did a great job with the cb folders! I've got to try that. I love this Magnolia stamp. So sweet! And the MFT stamp is too funny! I love her! You did great with coloring and you should share more! We miss you!

Lexa said...

Darling cards Denise--love that image of Tilda & that's EXACTLY how I felt AFTER X-mas, lol!

hugz,
Suzanne

Christine Riley said...

Gorgeous cards, so cute! :)
Hugs, Christine

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

These are so cute! I'm not in swaps! LOL have a hard enough time making one of anything! But if I was...they would all be different. Maybe cuz I made 200 wedding invites! ALL THE SAME!
Great cards!!
hugz
deb